This important breakthrough in cognitive risk assessment provides significant benefits for physicians, hospitals, clinics and a wide variety of health care providers.
Who Uses Cognivue?
- Primary Care Practices
- Neurologists and other Mental Health Professionals
- Concierge Doctors
- Hospitals and clinics
Benefits for Primary Care Physicians
- To better understand their patients’ cognitive health and provide better patient care
- To provide a new patient service that creates a revenue stream for passive income
- To differentiate their practice from peers
- To eliminate uncertainty about patient’s cognitive status and brain health
- To attract new patients to their practice
Benefits for Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)
- In 2011, there were about 3.3 million adult 30-day hospital re-admissions in the US
- Their associated cost was about $41.3 billion
- Conditions with larger numbers of readmission include congestive heart failure, septicemia, pneumonia, diabetes, AKI-CKD and schizophrenia
- Cognitive Impairment is a known prospective predictor of hospital readmissions and adverse medical outcomes
Improved Physician Office Workflow
Cognivue should not cause any disruptions in the office. The 10 minute test is patient administered and can be set up by a member of the office staff. The results are immediately available and can be discussed with the patient before they even leave the office. In the case of hospitals, Cognivue scores can be used to determine the readiness of the patient to be discharged.